Don't get me wrong I love my family. I just came across these notes I took during our cold family holiday, last September.
1. Someone has just said ‘Well it didn’t do you any harm!’
Well a) they don’t know that, and b) that doesn’t make it right.
2. What’s so cool about being warm anyway?
3. Everyone is texting. Laura incessantly tip tap, tip tap, followed by a tinny fanfare heralding a response, and repeat ad infinitum!
4. I think I’ll eat this last biscuit so it’s not a temptation later.
5. I hope those pasties we had for lunch weren’t date rape pasties.
6. Some parts of my family are very noisy. I’m trying to encourage my sister to develop an internal monologue instead of the ongoing music hall turn and external commentary of every move and thought. It’s wonderful that I am so tolerant and patient with them all.
7. Having a child is a bit like having a facial tattoo – you have to be certain that you are going to really want it for a terribly long time.
8. I think when I have a speed boat I’m going to call it the Princess Royal.
9. As Lily Tomlin said – It’s going to get much, much worse before it gets worse.